Monday, October 22, 2012

Whew...

Turns out this is a lot of work.

 Apologies for not posting anything sooner. I was just too tired to concentrate (that and I was beckoned by the lads to watch the Dragons/Giants game at our local fan bar). I'm much better now, thanks, although another good night's sleep would be welcome.

So, it was a good time, then?

Thanks to...

...my lovely wife Mayumi. While she doesn't share all of my enthusiasms, she was still more than willing to give of her time unasked. Without her, everyone would have slept on piles of moldy rags and eaten eraser shavings for breakfast. A man like myself could never have a better wife.

...Ash, for getting the word out, his advice, and for running two Call of Cthulhu scenarios separated by only a few hours of sleep. It was Ash who started the event. I am merely carrying on his good work.

...John S. for being so patient and kind with my kids.

...Jesse, for Pandemic (1 win in 3), John M. for Zombicide (0/1), Catherine and Paul for Peurto Rico (1/1), The Other Dave for Gamma World (1/1, in an RPG kind of way), and probably someone else for something I can't remember. Good games, good times.

... Ted B. and Phil P., who both wanted to come but could not. You were missed.

... the plumber, who showed up promptly on a Sunday afternoon to fix the bathroom fixtures.

...and to everyone who came from near and far for their good cheer, good company and support. I feel I should say something here about the power of games to bring people together, but I won't. That would be cheesy.

So, same time next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment